WE ARE THE FINNISH CABIN CREW ASSOCIATION
During 2018 we are welcoming a lot of English speaking members. We are there for you and updating our English material and services for all members as soon as possible.
MORE ABOUT OUR UNION
Our union is the Finnish Transport Workers Union (AKT) and the Finnish Cabin Crew Association is a branch (nr. 208) of it. Our umbrella of worker representation covers the collective agreement for Cabin Crew Members in Finland. Our working agreements is also negotiated by AKT directly for three operators Finnair, Norra and Cityjet. We are highly organized group with approximitely 1900 members with long traditions in improving the working conditions for cabin crew in Finland. SLSY was founded already back in 1963.
Read more about our Union in English here: https://www.akt.fi/in-english/
Working in Finland has unique legistlative environment, where unions are representing workers at workplaces and collective agreeing is a fundamental right for all of us. To learn more about specific features of Finnish worklife and worker rights, pleace visit: https://www.sak.fi/en The Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions (SAK)
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions for our shop stewards (union representation at workplace) concerning the collective and company related agreement or working environment, we have seven shop stewards at Finnair to answer your questions.
Telephone +358 40 5588450
Email: luottamus ( at ) slsy.info
You can come and meet us at the third floor of TOKE (door is marked SLSY). These services are for our members only.
If you have any questions concerning our membership, you can email jasenrekisteri ( at ) akt.fi
JOIN OUR IMPROVING AND HIGHLY INFLUENCIAL UNION AND IT´S CABIN CREW BRANCH
Our benefits include:
- 10 Shop Stewards eg. Union representatives in airlines operating from Helsinki airport.
- Improving collective agreement and a large union (AKT) to support you with nearly 50.000 members and 1900 members in our Cabin Crew Association.
- Unemployment security benefit is wider than the public unemployment allowance. The benefits paid out by the unemployment fund are proportioned to the individual’s earnings and they are deemed to be taxable income. Our register is ERKO and you can read more about the benefit and the unemployment security system here.
- A freetime and travel insurance is at mutual insurance company Turva. We provide more information about the coverage on request.
- We provide legal assistance for our members through the AKT legal department where one of the lawyers is specialiced in cabin crew matters.
- Other benefits and discounts for our members are listed in here.
Joining is easy, you can simply fill in this English online form:
JOINING WITH ELECTRONIC FORM IS NOT WORKING NOW, PLEASE CONTACT jasenrekisteri (at) akt.fi
- The union branch is the last one in the drop down box: 208 SLSY
- Please tick the “The employer collects the membership fee”
- Our membership fee is 1,25 % from your salary. Trade union membership fees are tax-deductible. The net fee is considerably lower after tax deduction. AKT notifies the tax authorities on your behalf about membership fees that you have paid or that your employer has deducted every year. You will find more information about income taxes in here and also a calculator to estimate your tax percentage which is progressive (depending on the amount earned) here.
- Here is an example how to define the amount of your membership fee it is 1.25% of your gross income (excluding allowances). If you earn 2000 euros, your membership fee is 25 euros monthly. That fee is then deducted automatically and lowers your taxes. Taxes in Finland are reviewed in one year hurdles.
The union Official in Cabin Crew matters is Mrs. Johanna Juntunen
+358 44 4123 001
johanna.juntunen ( at ) akt.fi
The Chairman of the branch 208, Finnish Cabin Crew Association is mr. Jari Toivonen
jari.toivonen ( at ) slsy.info
+358 50 4052 788
|insuranceCabinCrewAssociation.pptx (3.9 MB)
DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT THE INSURANCE
|SLSY_product_description2018.pdf (89 kB)